Founded: 1845 - Discover Baylor's rich history.
Mission: The mission of Baylor University is to educate men and women for worldwide leadership and service by integrating academic excellence and Christian commitment within a caring community.
Motto: Pro Ecclesia, Pro Texana (For Church, For Texas)
Enrollment At a Glance
- 20,626 total enrollment (15,191 undergraduate, 5,435 graduate) from all 50 states and 100+ foreign countries
- Freshmen: 4,271
- Median SAT score range of entering freshmen: 1170-1350
- Median ACT score range of entering freshmen: 25-32
- 72 percent of entering freshmen were in the top quarter of their graduating high school class (those who attend schools that rank)
- More than 90 percent of Baylor undergraduate students receive some form of financial assistance
- Student-Faculty Ratio: 16:1
- Average Undergraduate Class Size: 28
At Baylor, we seek to provide students with the opportunity to interact and dialogue with individuals from different backgrounds and with diverse experiences. By creating this "dialogue of difference" in our residential communities, organizations, activities and classrooms, we hope to prepare our students for meaningful engagement in a global society.
38% of Fall 2021's freshmen identified as belonging to a racial minority population.
U.S. News & World Report ranks Baylor #75 on their annual review of college and universities. Check out our latest awards, recognition and rankings.