High School Counselors
We've launched our One Stop Student Services, a quick & easy resource for your students regarding admissions, financial aid, billing & payment and more.
Deadlines and Notifications
- Early Decision (binding; for students who commit to attending Baylor if accepted; receive a decision on or before December 15)
- Early Action (non-binding; receive a decision on or before January 15)
- Regular Admission (non-binding; receive a decision on or before April 10)
- The Baylor Application is FREE!
- Please remind your students there is NO fee to apply.
- Regardless of the application program they use, students are required to create a goBAYLOR account to see the status of their application file and get important updates along the way. If a student applies with the Common App or ApplyTexas, he/she should wait to receive an email from Baylor prior to setting up his/her goBAYLOR account. Please allow 24-48 hours to process.
- Please note: If your student starts his/her application in the Common App but later chooses to submit his/her application outside of the Common App (via another application portal), any required documents attached to the Common App file will NOT be sent to Baylor, and he/she will need to submit the required documents via goBAYLOR, mail, or electronically through approved methods such as Naviance.
- Baylor University will be test optional through the entering class of Fall 2025. Learn more about our Test Optional policy.
- Students can self-report their highest ACT/SAT scores on the application.
- Should a student be accepted, Baylor will need these scores in an official format.
- Baylor does not require the writing portion of either the ACT or SAT.
- Students can submit short answer responses in goBAYLOR to provide more about themselves.
FAFSA and CSS Profile
2023-2024 Academic Year
To be considered for the maximum amount of financial aid, students must submit both the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the CSS Profile. Both applications open on October 1 and should be submitted by the priority deadline to be considered for the most available funds.
- Freshman Early Decision and Early Action Priority Deadline – November 1
- Final Deadline to submit the CSS Profile for all Freshman & Transfer Admission Plans – February 1
2024-2025 Academic Year
To be considered for the maximum amount of financial aid, you must submit both the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the CSS Profile. The CSS Profile opens on October 1 and should be submitted by the deadline below that matches your chosen admission plan. The FAFSA will open by December 2023, due to application changes, and should be completed as soon as possible to receive an official financial aid offer. Check the FAFSA website for updates through December 2023. Submitting these applications early allows you to be considered for the most available funds.
- Freshman Early Decision and Early Action Priority Deadline: November 1
- Final Deadline to submit the CSS Profile for all Freshman Admission Plans: February 1
- Priority Deadline to submit the FAFSA for all Freshman Admission Plans: March 1
Send us your electronic transcripts!
- Electronic transcripts are received and processed much quicker than paper transcripts. They can also be tracked online to verify delivery, and test scores or other documents can be included as attachments. It's a win-win for you and your students!
- Baylor accepts electronic transcripts through a secure source (i.e. Parchment, Naviance, TRex, Slate.org, Scribbles, National Clearinghouse, SCOIR and Greenlight). If the electronic service requires an email address please have the company email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Admissions for more information.
Don't make these top 3 transcript errors!
- Every year we receive hundreds of transcripts that are missing crucial information, which then holds up the students’ admissions file and slows down the decision process. Here are the top 3 missing components you should be extra mindful of:
- Class rank and class size
- All grade levels--we have to have 9th, 10th and 11th grades even if the student did coursework at another school.
- Early Grad Statements for early graduating seniors (separate document that should come with the transcript)