Distinguished Scholars Day
Many academic departments offer invitation-only programs, called Distinguished Scholars Days, which are designed to showcase exciting discipline-specific opportunities.
Students who complete the requirements associated with the Distinguished Scholars Day program will be considered for a renewable $3,000 Distinguished Scholarship.
Requirements for Consideration
- Students who will be considered for invitations to these programs are high achieving and typically have scored between 1260-1410 on the SAT or 27-31 on the ACT. Test optional students with high academic GPAs and high class rankings are eligible to be considered for an invitation.
- Submit a 2024 completed Baylor Application for Admission by November 1. Though a completed admission file is not due until November 1, we encourage you to submit your materials early to enhance your opportunity for consideration.
Consideration for invitations will be given to students who are planning to major in the academic departments listed below. Please note that not all majors within the academic units listed are considered for the Distinguished Scholars Day program.
If Selected to Participate
- After you’ve submitted your application to Baylor, you’ll gain access to your personal goBAYLOR portal.
- If applying via Common App or ApplyTexas, you will receive an email 24-48 hours after submitting your application with a special link to activate your goBAYLOR account.
- Please do not create a duplicate goBAYLOR account as this could cause significant delays in your review for admission.
- If selected to attend, invitations to participate will go out on an ongoing basis via email and your special registration link will be in your goBAYLOR portal under the "Connect & Visit" tab.
- If invited, you must register for the Distinguished Scholars Day event that matches your intended major and best fits your schedule. Registration will open in early September.
- Award notifications will be sent no later than March 1, 2024.