Invitation to Excellence
Invitation to Excellence is a competitive program that showcases many of the exciting academic opportunities Baylor offers. Through this elite program, students have robust experiences and conversations with faculty representing all nine schools and colleges.
At the conclusion of the program, students will be considered for an Invitation to Excellence scholarship. Scholarship recipients can receive renewable scholarships ranging from $5,000 - $20,000. Recipients are chosen based on the essay that is submitted following the event. The essay prompt will be provided prior to the event in goBAYLOR.
Requirements for Consideration
- Students who will be considered for invitation to this program are high-achieving, hoping to enroll in the Fall 2024 term and typically have scored 1420 or above on the SAT or a 32 or above on the ACT. Test optional students with high academic GPAs and high class rankings are eligible to be considered for an invitation.
- Submit a 2024 completed Baylor Application for Admission by November 1. Though a completed admission file is not due until November 1, we encourage you to submit your materials early to enhance your opportunity for consideration.
If Selected to Participate
- After you’ve submitted your application to Baylor, you’ll gain access to your personal goBAYLOR portal.
- If applying via Common App or ApplyTexas, you will receive an email 24-48 hours after submitting your application with a special link to activate your goBAYLOR account.
- Please do not create a duplicate goBAYLOR account as this could cause significant delays in your review for admission.
- If selected to attend, your special registration link will be in your goBAYLOR portal by December 15 under the "Connect & Visit" tab.
- If invited, you must register for the specific in-person event you are selected to attend. See dates below:
- Invitation to Excellence I will be held in-person on January 26-27, 2024.
- Invitation to Excellence II will be held in-person on February 9-10, 2024.
- Important: Please do not make travel plans unless you have received an invitation and have successfully registered for your selected session.
- The deadline to respond to the invitation and confirm participation is December 22.
- Submit an essay after the program concludes. The essay prompt will be available in your goBAYLOR account. See essay due dates below:
- For the January 26-27 program, written responses are due by 11:59 p.m. CST on January 29, 2024.
- For the February 9-10 program, written responses are due by 11:59 p.m. CST on February 12, 2024.
- Award notifications will be sent no later than March 1, 2024.
|Submission deadline for completed Baylor Admissions application||November 1, 2023|
|Invitation to participate (if selected)||December 15, 2023|
|Deadline to respond to invitation & confirm participation||December 22, 2023|
|Getterman Scholars Day (if selected)||January 26, 2024|
|January 26-27 Program essay response deadline||January 29, 2024 (11:59 p.m. CST)|
|February 9-10 Program essay response deadline||February 12, 2024 (11:59 p.m. CST)|
|Award notification date||By March 1, 2024|