Baylor awards several scholarships to incoming freshmen, as well as upperclassmen, who demonstrate commitment to advancing racial equality and diversity. Recipients are awarded a maximum of $5,000 their freshman year, renewable for three additional years. Current college students are awarded a maximum of $5,000 per year, renewable until graduation.
Who Should Apply
For consideration, applicants must:
- Demonstrate commitment to advancing racial equality and diversity
- Complete the FAFSA or TASFA
- Complete CSS Profile
- Be a graduate of a United States High School
- Have two consecutive semesters remaining (this applies to currently enrolled Baylor students)
How to Apply
The January 31 deadline to apply for the 2022-2023 Trailblazer Scholarship has passed.
As part of your scholarship application, you must also submit the following scholarship materials:
- A resume of your high school honors, awards, achievements, and extracurricular activities
- A typed essay of no more than 500 words illustrating your concept of racial equality and diversity in higher education
- One specific nomination for the Trailblazer Scholarship Program from a teacher, counselor, or principal that includes a brief explanation of why you deserve the scholarship and your efforts to advance the racial equality and/or diversity in your community
Note: If your local school policy does not allow students to directly receive recommendation letters, please request your letter to be emailed to email@example.com.
Trailblazer Scholars must maintain at least a 2.5 grade point average, make satisfactory academic progress towards a degree, and continue to demonstrate commitment to advancing racial equality and diversity. Recipients must participate in six programs per semester (diverse in nature / culturally based) during each year they are a designated Trailblazer Scholar. In addition, they must attend one annual dinner held in their honor. Finally, Trailblazer Scholars must maintain a relationship with Baylor and the Trailblazer Scholarship Program to mentor future scholarship recipients and illustrate the program’s positive results. Trailblazer Scholars must provide current mailing address to the Trailblazer Scholarship Committee each year after graduation.