Baylor awards several scholarships to incoming freshmen, as well as upperclassmen, who demonstrate commitment to advancing racial equality and diversity. Recipients are awarded a maximum of $5,000 their freshman year, renewable for three additional years. Current college students are awarded a maximum of $5,000 per year, renewable until graduation.
Who Should Apply
For consideration, applicants must:
- Demonstrate commitment to advancing racial equality and diversity
- Complete the FAFSA or TASFA
- Complete CSS Profile
- Be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent U.S. resident
- Have two consecutive semesters remaining (this applies to currently enrolled Baylor students)
How to Apply
Our office must receive the application and scholarship materials by February 15, 2024.
As part of your scholarship application, you must also submit the following scholarship materials:
- A resume of your honors, awards, achievements, and extracurricular activities.
- A typed essay of no more than 500 words illustrating your concept of racial equality and diversity in higher education or your community.
- One specific nomination for the Trailblazer Scholarship Program (from a teacher, professor, counselor, principal, etc.) that includes an explanation of why you deserve the scholarship. Please ensure that the nominator knows your involvement well and can provide specific details on your efforts to advance racial equality and/or diversity in your community.
You may submit your scholarship materials by emailing MA_Scholarships@baylor.edu and attaching your documents.
Trailblazer Scholars must maintain at least a 2.5 grade point average, make satisfactory academic progress towards a degree, and continue to demonstrate commitment to advancing racial equality and diversity. Recipients must participate in six events/programs per semester (diverse in nature/culturally based) during each year they are a designated Trailblazer Scholar. In addition, they must attend the Trailblazer Scholars Orientation and Trailblazer Welcome Reception held at the beginning of the Fall Semester. Trailblazer Scholars are encouraged to maintain a relationship with Baylor and the Trailblazer Scholarship Program to mentor future scholarship recipients and illustrate the program’s positive results. Scholars are also asked to provide current mailing address and email address to the Trailblazer Scholarship Committee each year after graduation.